Thursday, December 31, 2009

Adieu 2009!

Another year, with mixed happenings and experiences, spun by. I woke up this morning and realize that the last three digits of the year I wrote for a year will not repeat itself for another millennium. I realize that Dec 31st, 2012 is just 3 years away. I realize that tonight there will be a time point which I can count in 2009 as well as 2010 - 12:00am. Then, I thought lets have some written testimony about the year 2009, which I may not be able to remember as vividly later as I remember right now. Let me write some things from 2009 that I think are worth remembering in chronological order:
1. January-09
---A miserable winter at Madison (Wisconsin) with average temperature of 5 degrees Fahrenheight.
---I repent my decision of not going home in winter vacation of 2008
--- I decide that I will go home in March-09
2. February-09
-- My prelim report due
-- A month of researching and writing
-- Found out how incompetent a writer I am
3. March-09
-- My prelim defense where I was supposed to present my work of 1 and a half year
-- My belief, that I am a good presenter and defender, gets shattered
-- 2 eventful and colorful weeks in India
-- Good end of the month - passed my prelim
4. April-09
-- Month of reconciliation and introspection
-- Realized the importance of Marketing even in research
5. May-09
-- The learnt Marketing skills start to blossom
-- Gave an amazing presentation at the end of which found myself at self disbelief - Was that I talking?
6-8. June-09 - August-09
-- Learnt a new language - German
-- Now, I can answer the question "Who are you" with "Ich bin Rishi"
-- Got my India trip finalized during December-09 and January-10 with a very good airfare deal
-- One of my close friends' wedding got scheduled in November but I thought that I would not be able to go because of my preplanned India trip in December-09 and January-10
9. Sept-09 - 'The month of happenings'
-- My sister's wedding got fixed for November-09
-- Had to reschedule my India trip during November
-- The rescheduled itinerary made attending my friend's wedding possible
-- Everyone in the family was exhilarated for the upcoming wedding event
-- I can not remember me being happier than this ever before in my life
10. Oct-09
-- My total call time to home increased by a factor of 10
11. Nov-09 - 'The month of experiences'
-- Two weeks of India trip
-- Was in the organization side of a wedding instead of being an observer first time in my life
-- Was in the lead roles in some of the wedding ceremonies like Tilak first time in my life
-- A lot of fun in reunion of old college friends after 3 years at my friend's wedding
12. Dec-09
-- Back to the reality
-- Writing this post on December 31st 2009

By definition, any event that is not in the present year, is the part of history. Now, I realize that all the events that have happened in 2009 will soon become the history. But I am happy that I will have this blog to look back at the history if I ever feel nostalgic.

~Rishi

No comments:

Post a Comment